DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL SITE FOR KLIA. This is a purely informational and educational site about the new Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and therefore it is NOT affiliated with KLIA. All pictures, logos, trademarks and symbols are properties of KLIA and are used here for identification purposes only. This site is for personal use only and the information contained in these pages may be inaccurate. Questions? E-mail Us. Please visit KLIA's official website @ http://www.klia.com.my/ for the latest information.
THE KLIA IS LOCATED ABOUT
50km OR 30mi SOUTH OF
KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
There are two main car parks at KLIA which together offer a total of 11,717 parking lots. These are the Covered Car Park and the Uncovered Car Park. Go to www.klia.com.my for information on parking charges.
COVERED CAR PARK
The Covered Car Park comprises four seven-storey blocks (Block A, B, C and D), with 6,208 parking lots, besides numerous other conveniences such as:
- Modern large space construction for ease of access and security.
- Four separate entrances for congestion-free parking.
- State-of-the-art external ramps for ease of access.
- Direct access to Main Terminal Building via the link-bridges located on Level 2 of Blocks B and C which takes you to the Station Mezzanine Level (Level 2) of the MTB.
- Roof garden and landscape building.
- 16 lifts (40 passenger per lift) providing access to all floors of the car park. They are large enough to allow for trolleys and passengers.
- 13 bus bays at ground floor (Level 1 Block C).
- 253 spaces for car rental operator parking (Level 1 Block D).
- 2.4mn sq ft gross floor area.
- Parking bays for the disabled visitors are located at Level 2 of Blocks B & C, close to the link-bridges that connect the car park to the MTB.
- Trolleys are provided for the convenient of passengers. The trolleys nests are located strategically at each level.
- Flight Information Display Systems (FIDS) are located at each lift lobby and help keep you informed of domestic and international arrivals and departure.
Passenger Drop-off and Pick-up + Car Rental
If you wish to drop-off (check-in) a passenger without having to wait, while at the same time not causing any inconvenience to the passenger, you could do so at Ground Level of Block B. Check-in counters are located close to the drop-off area for the passenger to check-in immediately and be relieved of his/her baggage.
Passenger pick-up is another convenience both for passengers and drivers. This area is set apart and well signposted. It is located beyond the link-bridges on Level 2 of Blocks B and C. With this facility in place, passengers need not cart their luggage all the way to the vehicle which may be parked on another level.
Most major car rental companies allow passengers to drop-off their rented cars at the airport. The space allocated for this is at the Ground Level of Block D.
UNCOVERED CAR PARK
The Uncovered Car Park offers 5,509 parking lots. Ideal for day-trippers of those intending to spend a long time at the airport, it is located towards the left of the Covered Car Park behind the Air Traffic Control Tower. A total of 2,644 motorcycle parking are also available here.
Access to the MTB from this car park is via a complimentary shuttle bus service which picks passengers up at various points within the car park. The journey covers the car park to the Airport Maintenance Centre (AMC), MTB, Pan Pacific Hotel and back to the car park. Pick-up points for return to the car park is at the end of the arrival area at the MTB.